Andrew’s litigation practice includes numerous trial and appellate victories in in the areas of insurance defense, equine law, governmental law and health care litigation. He defends doctors, hospitals and long-term care facilities against medical malpractice claims and federal and state regulatory actions, such as negligent care, wrongful death, patient neglect and abuse, and Medicare and Medicaid violations. Since both his father and brother are physicians, Andrew has a unique insight into the defense of physicians and other health care providers. Andrew also works with several national insurance providers, reviewing insurance policies, assessing claims and representing their insureds when litigation arises.
- Defense verdict in Boyle County in a retained sponge case. Sturgill, Turner, Barker & Moloney attorneys Andrew DeSimone and Stephanie Wurdock defending on behalf of the surgeon. The jury deliberated 12 minutes and returned with a defense verdict: 11 to 1.
- Successful prosecution of a Privacy Act violation on behalf of 98 plaintiffs against the U.S. Department of Corrections, which included a 24-day bench trial and a Sixth Circuit Appeal.
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV® Preeminent
- Best Lawyers in America: Litigation - Health Care (2015)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2014)
- Editor of the DRI Trial Tactics Committee quarterly newsletter, Trials and Tribulations
- "Deciphering Attorney-Client and Work Product Privileges," Common Defense (November 2013)
- "Kentucky's Amended Pill Mill Law," M.D. Update, The Business Magazine of Kentucky Physicians and Healthcare Administrators, (July 2013)
- "Kentucky's New Pill Mill Law," M.D. Update, The Business Magazine of Kentucky Physicians and Healthcare Administrators, Volume 3, Number 7 (Sept. 2012)
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Legal Research and Writing Instructor
- Law Clerk to Kentucky Supreme Court Justice William S. Cooper (2000-2001)
- Journal of Natural Resources and Environmental Law, Editor
Andrew is a member of the Kentucky Defense Counsel and the Bluegrass Claims Association, as well as the American, Kentucky and Fayette County Bar Associations. He is on the board of directors of Surgery on Sunday.
Founded in 1957, Sturgill, Turner, Barker & Moloney, PLLC is a Lexington-based law firm with a history of commitment to serving its clients, its people and its community with integrity. Sturgill Turner’s attorneys focus on business law, civil litigation, education law, employment law, governmental law, health care law, insurance law, real estate law and mediation services.
Health Care Law, Insurance Law, Medical Liability, Nursing Home, Trial Tactics
Medical Liability and Health Care Law